Objective: Have a group or class create and contribute to an Act of Kindness Board.
Materials: worksheets below, scrap pieces of colorful paper, coloring materials- markers, pencils, watercolors, crayons, scissors and glue sticks.
This activity was originally created as a way to begin the new calendar year. It was also designed to help group members focus on acts of kindness towards others. Especially, financially-free acts of kindness.
It is also a great activity for this week, February 10-17, 2013 which is Random Acts of Kindness Week.
To begin the project:
- Download and print the act of kindness words on pdf, which includes a few words that reflect acts of kindness. These words are listed individually in a rectangle shape with extra blank space. Also included are blank rectangles that can be filled in with additional words reflecting acts of kindness that the group members or students complete.
- Once the rectangles are cut out. They can be simply decorated or can be glued onto a more colorful piece of scrap paper. The colorful paper can be cut into a shape, design, or a collage of colors or shapes can be created.
- After an act of kindness is completed by the group member or student; the name of the person/student, date, and story can be filled written in the blank space.
- The decorated items can be collected on a bulletin board or wall to showcase all of the acts of kindness completed by the group members or students in the class.
Example bulletin board
- Download and print the Acts of Kindness words for the bulletin board by selecting the images below to download and then print.
- Lastly, cut along the dotted lines and attach together.