Objective: To create a Thanksgiving Turkey.
Materials: Pine cone, felt, Popsicle sticks, paints, glue gun or tacky glue, pom-poms, scissors, construction paper or white paper, markers, colored pencils, crayons, scissors, and glue sticks.
- Paint at least 8 Popsicle sticks to represent the turkey feathers (or substitute the sticks with a folded, fanned piece of construction or decorated paper like the one below) which will be glued to a pine cone.
- Create a base for the by gluing crossed Popsicle sticks and covering with a piece of felt or construction paper.
- Glue a large pom-pom to the pine cone as its head.
- Glue eyes by using googly eyes, material, felt, paper, or buttons.
- Glue a beak and gullet using felt or paper.
If you don't have the materials available create a 3-D turkey download the activity sheet below to create a paper turkey.